Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"He Who Has Begun a Good Work in You"

"Be confident of this, that He Who has begun a good work in you shall complete it until the day of Jesus Christ"  (Phil.  1:6)

"Don't be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:7)


The next few months that I am still in NC are NOT simply, solely, to heal my emotions in order to prepare me for a human love relationship back home.  This time is my TRAINING TIME to prepare me for God’s work.  It is a time for me to plug in at Covenant Love Family Church and to be “in training” there.  Starting with the Divorce Care workshop on Wednesday nights. I also need to continue going to Celebrate Recovery at Mt. Carmel on Friday nights. When I move back up north, I won’t have this training/healing time.  I have to make the most of the time given to me.....and the resources.  It’s time to put the emotional baggage behind me.  Too many of the choices/decisions that I make in life are emotion-based. I am moving beyond that, one day at a time.  But I have to let God do His work in me in order for that to happen. If it is part of my process, then so be it. I'm on board with that. :-)

I need to slow down, back up, reassess.  I need to keep in rhythm with Jesus' heart beat, not set the pace of my journey by the racing of my own heart.  I have gotten ahead of myself with this love relationship. I haven’t asked God to set the pace.  My heart was soaring at seeing him again.....and actually, at seeing him, really seeing him, for the first time.  So much of what I’ve looked for in a man and in a relationship is there. He "gets" me. He knows how to "handle" me. lol  If I get a little full of myself, he has no problem standing up to me.  But the key is that he doesn't feel a need to knock me down in order to do it.  I'm not used to that.  He's respectful, intelligent, can make me laugh, loving, strong, stable, secure.  I feel safe with him.  And my heart feels safe. He's good for me. I'm comfortable, being myself.  We have a lot in common.  We "match".  We "fit". :-)  Oh yeah, and did I mention that he tells me I'm beautiful and calls me "Sweetheart".  :-) lol   He's not perfect and neither am I but we are secure with each other.  He doesn't pressure me..... It's just all so copasetic.  And I'm definitely down for some copaseticity in my life right now.  (yeah, I know, I made up that word. lol)  One area that we don't match or fit in (yet) is in a walk with the Lord. My course is set. My relationship with Christ and submission to His Lordship is primary. I know that I can't fully be true team mates with a "team captain" who isn't getting his instruction or whose vantage point is not from the "Coach", Jesus.  I'm still praying about this. 


I fell head over heels in love.....floaty feeling and all. He's someone I feel comfortable around.  But I found myself falling into the same old habits when it comes to love relationships.  I want to break those. It has shown me that I still have far to go in my healing.  I love him.  But I need to slow my racing heart down.  I need to keep my focus on my goals and trust God that the rest will fall into place.  My Lord began a work in me.  He set me on a journey.  He has a calling for me. I need to be cognizant of what comes alongside and see if it fits into the plan God has for me.  Is it compatible with my "journey"?  I'm fine tuning some things, pruning off other things. I'm letting the emotional dust settle and looking around to see what's left to deal with, to work with, and seeing how it fits in with the journey God has me on.  I don't know where this road is going to lead but I'm enjoying the "road trip" right now. :-) Bottom line is that I want what God wants for me. :-)  I only hope that it is this wonderful man.......did I mention that he calls me "beautiful"  *giggle*.  :-)

Lord, show me how to proceed..... what words, what steps, what actions, what prayers.

No comments: