Saturday, February 14, 2009

yuk

Is Valentine's Day over YET? Ugh. I hate this day. It used to be my favorite holiday but not this year. It's just a reminder of being unwanted, unattached, undesirable, unlovely, unappreciated..... and all the other UN words. lol At least I wasn't forgotten by my children. They are my true loves. :-) Men.....eh....who needs 'em? No matter what you give to them or how good or kind or witty or fun you are, they seem to forget you too quickly. Out of sight, out of mind. Women want to be pursued, even in subtle ways. They want to be shown that they are thought of. I don't think men get it.

Yes, I'm being just another cynic about romance. I used to be such a romantic. But now I see that it's pointless. No one wants it from me. I feel like I've just become an "old battle axe". I'm starting to believe, more assuredly, that I will never find someone who wants all of me and truly loves me and freely shows it. **sigh**

No comments: