Friday, March 08, 2013

"I Surrender All".... Do ya, now?

I'm listening to a CeCe Winans album and it gets to the beautiful, "I Surrender All".  In stillness, I sing along.... in reverence, I approach the throne room in order to lay it all down.  Singing, I surrender all..... and a small voice whispers, "Do ya, now?"..... Huh?..... Yes, of course, I do (being caught up in the moment of the stirring song).... again, gently, "What about this?.... what about that?...."   Oh yeah, those..... well, I'm working on those.  You know, Lord, those are hard things to let go of..... "Oh really, now? Let's review: " 

"When we were unable to help ourselves, at the right time, Christ died for us, although we were living against God..... But God shows his great love for us in this way:  Christ died for us while we were still sinners."  -Romans 5: 6, 8

But... I don't know.  I don't think I've got it in me to stop.... thinking about that, worrying about this....

"His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness."  -2Peter 1:3

But.... is it really necessary?  I mean, what does it matter?  What could it hurt?  I don't want to... stand all alone, or be weird... I don't want to....hurt, feel that stinging, suffocating storm of rejection....

"Whoever is not willing to carry the cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.  Those who try to hold on to their lives will give up true life.  Those who give up their lives for Me will hold on to true life." -Matthew 10:38-39

Less of all the rest, Lord, I just want more and more of You cuz You are so much more amazing & sweeter than the day before.  I need more. - CeCe Winans

I Surrender All.

No comments: