Thursday, July 16, 2009

Writing

Hm.... I don't know where to start. I know that once I get on a roll, I'm good. I wish I could write down all the ideas for blog posts that go through my mind while I'm at work....cuz that's some good stuff. :-) But here it is, 11 pm, all my mommy duties are done for the day and I'm just getting one-word flashes, glimpses of the great writing I couldn't wait to type here. I try writing, journal-style, in my notebook, while I'm on break at work. But I don't get much out. The carpal tunnel problems make it very difficult to grip a pen for too long a period of time before my fingers start stinging and then going numb. I loved when I had a voice-activated recorder while working on the documentary, "Married to the Military". Oh yeah, that was right up my alley. I just wish there was a way to plug it up to the computer and have it all type out, though. lol

But my head is turning to mush right now so I'll have to try again tomorrow. *sigh* I'll jot down some words to jar my creative memory for tomorrow, things that went through my head today: 'purtyfiers', survivor, finish the test, S.E.A.L.S. course, emergency broadcast system, steroid shots, my true provider, no sleep, arthritic pain, carpal tunnel surgery, firefighter putting out fires, gifts..... I'm sure there's more, but my poor brain is shutting down.

I'll probably look at that list tomorrow and go "WTH??" lol Hopefully, I won't and I'll surprise myself by taking one more step towards my dream of being a great writer and actually.... WRITE. :-) Until then......

No comments: