Thursday, May 28, 2009

Parade Rest :-)


I've been wanting to post this for awhile because it is sooo cute. Okay, so when I have something important to tell the kids (ie: stop fighting, chore detail, reprimand, etc.) when I really need their full attention, I call them to me ("Mulligan clan! Front and center!)(not in a mean voice, just a firm 'Mommy voice') and they come running, stand in front of me at parade rest (a great idea I got from the Sternebergs), listen to what I have to say, say 'yes, ma'am' when necessary or I give them the opportunity to state their case, depending on the situation (I've yet to get Wonder Teen on board with this. Maybe he's still shaking off the memories of parade rest and doing PT as discipline for wrong doing when he was younger. lol Which I didn't question, because that was a 'Daddy' thing and the Poppa did it well. *sigh* (I miss having a Daddy in the house. It can get exhausting being both all the time.)(anyway, I digress)

Okay, so we've got that established and it works well. The FUNNY part is Wonder Tot. He sees his siblings running and stand in front of me but because his little legs are much shorter, he doesn't run as fast. So after like a 2 second delay, I see him come running around the corner with his hands behind his back while he's running (getting a head start on 'parade rest' lol). He stands between his brother and sister (hands still behind his back), looking up, back and forth, between the 2 of them. Then he turns and looks at me, with wide eyes. Cracks me up! lol

Well, last night, my friends were over and we were outside talking. When it came time to leave, the wife said (in that same, firm, Mommy voice as me), "Let's go!" and here came Wonder Tot around the back of the truck with his little chubby hands behind his back and stood in front of me. It was soooo cute and funny. I just scooped him up and hugged him and said, 'no, baby, that wasn't Mommy'.

I love that little chub muffin (his Daddy's old nickname for him).

No comments: