Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One-anothering :-)

I feel like the tide is turning. I definitely feel I've rounded a corner. Now, I have a plan of action. A solid plan of action. There are less unknowns. Certain facets are being covered by me delegating. I don't feel that I have the weight of the world on my shoulders as much as I did before..... basically, this past year or more.

I've been the blessed and fortunate recipient of, what I call, "one-anothering". ..... "discussed with one another", "asked one another"..... didn't go outside the Body, they asked like-minded folks...those whose point of reference or standard, was the same...the Word of God.... those who served the same King. And they asked the big questions of one another: "In fear and amazement, they asked one another, 'WHO is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and DUDE...they ACTUALLY obey HIM?" (ok, that's how I would say it. lol Actually, I would've first said, 'what the freak??')

"One-anothering" commands that our Father gives to us, include: "wash one another's feet", "love one another", "be devoted to one another", "honor one another above yourselves", "live in harmony with one another", "stop passing judgment on one another", "accept one another", "instruct one another", "greet one another with a holy kiss" (now, you gotta be careful with that one there.... I've seen some people take liberties & there weren't nuttin' "holy" about it. lol), "agree with one another", "serve one another in love", "be patient, bearing with one another", "be kind and compassionate with one another", "speak to one another with psalms, hymns & spiritual songs", "submit to one another out of reverence for Christ", "forgive one another", "teach & admonish one another", "encourage one another", "let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds", "do not slander one another", "offer hospitality to one another without grumbling", "greet one another with a kiss of love" (again, use caution here...this one can get out of hand.... I know. lol) and "fellowship with one another". The one that came up the most was, "love one another". I think the other things are WAYS to love one another. Almost like, "Here's the command (love one another) and here are the 'how-to's').

It sounds so lovely but in reality, it isn't easy. A mix of personalities, temperaments, life experiences, circumstances....HORMONES... lol.....mood, etc. make "one-anothering" a bit of a challenge. This is where you find out how good you are at "stick-to-it-iveness". When the going gets tough, the tough get going? Not always.... somes "going" means they split the scene. I used to have a bumper sticker on our old '68 Chevelle Malibu (sweeeet muscle car and all souped up). It said, "When the going gets tough, the tough go to Jesus". I have to remember that.

No comments: